Light and airy popovers pair perfectly with this tangy goat cheese spread.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Course: Breakfast
- Heat oven to 450°F. Place an empty popover pan in the oven while it heats.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, butter, and lemon zest. Stir in the flour; mix until no lumps remain.
- Remove the popover pan from the hot oven and carefully grease – we recommend misting with cooking oil (not nonstick cooking spray). Divide the batter between the popover cups, filling each about halfway. Drop two blackberries into each cup.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake 15 minutes. Do not open the oven while the popovers are baking. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the honeyed goat cheese. Use a stand mixer or an electric beater to whip together the goat cheese and honey. Beat in the milk until the spread is and smooth and fluffy. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.