Filet Mignon ‘grilled’ on the cooktop for a crispy outside and finished in the oven for a perfectly tender inside.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Course: Entrée
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and allow to rest on counter for a half hour. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and move oven rack to center position.
- Place a oven safe grill pan on cooktop. Turn heat to high and allow pan to heat for two-three minutes.
- While pan heats, sprinkle both sides of filet mignon with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to medium/high, add ghee or olive oil to hot pan.
- Carefully add steaks to grill pan. You should hear a loud "pshhhh" sound.
- Cook steak until a brown crust is established (about five minutes). Use tongs to turn steaks. Sear second side and then place pan in oven.
- Oven cook time: for rare - 5 minutes, for medium rare – 6-7 minutes,
for medium 8-9 minutes (timing is for 2” thick steaks, if your steaks are thinner, allow for less time)
- Remove pan from oven, place ½ a tablespoon of butter on each steak and allow steaks to ‘rest’ for five minutes. Garnish with chives and serve.
Recipe developed by blogger partner Linda Spike from The Organic Kitchen. The Organic Kitchen features healthy recipes, cooking techniques, gourmet cookbooks, and health and wellness information.